Tuesday, August 7, 2012

One of the greatest moments...

                               ...in life is realizing that two weeks ago your body couldn't do what it just did!!!

So you all know now that I started the “couch to 10k program”.  I was sweating just running 60 seconds in a row let alone a full 10k.  I am being pretty optimist about it because I really want to accomplish this for personal pride reasons and come on all the “cool” people run!

Last week I started and it was 60 seconds run 90 seconds walk…my legs were burning and crying out “why the fuck are you doing this to me?” I almost gave up thinking man this sucks I don’t want to be that cool.  I told myself grow a set of fucking balls lady and get to crushing this! I CAN so do this…and I didn’t put on two bras and waste my expensive mineral power makeup to look pretty at the gym…or did I?  Yes, I confess I still put on makeup to go to the gym!

 On a side note holy hell every freaking guy at the gym yesterday was like a roman god!…this is REALLY why I go! I go for me and so I can continue to be the badass I claim to be. ;)

Ok back to the training.  So there I am WEEK TWO: DAY ONE 90 seconds of running and 130 seconds of walking. Put on my I-pod to my new favorite song that I literally listened to the entire workout on repeat…I have a major problem with the repeat button. Josh Buckley 6 minute version of “Hallelujah”…I know what you’re thinking REALLY this was your motivation…YES it was! His voice transports me into a calm place and I can just concentrate on running and not worrying about how much time I have till I can walk again. So off I went…Warm up…90 seconds of running…doing well no leg pain…walking…repeat the rest and I was fucking golden!  I did it!  I fucking made it through the workout.

THEN I look down and realize I am “cooling down” to a speed of 3.2 on the treadmill.  Now this may not seem important to some people but this was what I was doing when I started at the gym in January as a workout.  WHAT?!?! Do my eyes deceive me…no I was really doing something great.  I have to say I was pretty darn proud of myself.  Just when you think you are a fool something like this slaps you in the head and you remember that you are stronger, better and more confident than you were before.  I loved it!


Speaking of confidence…yes I say I am AWESOME a lot.  People are going to hate… I have been told many times about this and “my overly new into myself attitude”…this is what I have to say to YOU!  FUCK YOURSELFmaybe a bit harsh but really,

8 months ago I got winded going up the stairs to get something…

8 months ago I weighed 60 more pounds than now…

8 months ago I would never do any physical activities…

8 months ago I ate shit food ALL the time…

8 months ago I would never wear shorts let alone a bathing suit…

8 months ago I felt sorry for myself but wouldn’t do anything to change it…

8 months ago I had no confidence and did not believe in myself…

8 months ago I decided to change myself for the better…


NOW…I AM FULL OF FUCKING CONFIDENCE and I AM A BADASS!

Ok last thing I thought I might as well put some of my time in graduate school to use and make this great graph…my idea is that I want to run 50 miles by 12/12/12! Good plan I think that’s only 2.38 miles a week.  I know that I will be able to do that easy but I didn’t want to make some un-realistic number that will be a monster to try to complete.  How did I decide on the end date?  Looked cool to me…simple as that!


 Until next time...

1 comment:

Kristina said...

You will totally make that goal! I'm gonna start checking up on you!