Saturday, February 18, 2012

Don’t compare yourself to others…compare yourself to the person you were yesterday!

        I will be the first to admit that I constantly compare myself to others… example the blonde exercise god at the gym.  Just this morning I was caught doing it again.  When I mentioned to “Potter” that I probably check out the girls more than the men do at the gym not in a sexual way but comparing what they have and what I want.  One problem with this is that do I really want to be like these people.  The answer is an affirmative NO!  Sure some people may want to be but when it comes down to it, I want to be the best me. I do believe that it is good for inspiration but deep down we all know that inspiration only gets you so far. Ambition and drive makes results happen. 



The funnest part is that some of the guys upper bodies look like oversized diagrams of a
fallopian tube diagram...maybe its just me!
 That's my funny for the day!  





       One thing that keeps me going is motivation and encouragement from others and my team. Who wouldn’t want a good job every once in a while all the time! I know I do! haha   This morning I did the machines and in 60 mins burned 1108 calories.  Now my weight does play a part in it because my VERY SLENDER friend who I go to the gym on Wednesdays does not burn nearly as many calories.  I feel if I don't burn at least 1000 it wasn't a good workout.  Perhaps my mind will change as I have to put less weight into the machine and Im there for 4 hours and only burnt 209 calories but for now it's an obtainable goal. 


         So I got thinking yesterday after a hellish start to the day that I need to target one area at a time.  Like really focus on losing the extra gelatinous fat around my mid-section, butt and breasts.  So starting Monday I am going to do a 15 minute power workout in the morning before work in one area.  I found the diagram below that shows every targeted area.  I will be focusing on mid-section doing  3 sets and 14-16 reps per exercise.

 
The below is an example of exercises found at

Leg Raise

Leg Raise


1. On an exercise mat, lie on your back, arms alongside your body, palms facing downwards. Stretch out your legs in front of you and press your feet together.
2. Contract your abs and slowly raise your legs from the ground. Stop when you’ve formed a 45-degree angle.
3. Gently lower your legs until they’re two inches from the ground, and bring them back up to a 45-degree angle.


Happy exercising
&
The difference between who you are
and who you want to be is what you do!

Think about it!!!


<> 

 


<> 

 

No comments: