Monday, January 27, 2014

It's funny what motivates you ...

Almost a week into my second round of weight loss and I feel inspired and motivated. I feel like I maybe able to go all the way this time. Like every lifestyle change you have to commit to the change and do it for you and nobody else. Don't do it for a job or career, your husband or wife, don't do it for your dog or your kids. DO IT FOR YOU! When you commit to putting yourself first you will succeed. Don't get me wrong doing it for health and to be around for your kids is a great idea but it's not what is going to motivate you. Determine it on your own. Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom before you can start climbing your ladder to the top!

So my motivational buddy sent me a message telling me basically I don't need external motivation because I have it in me...I thought about that all night and yesterday while I was watching my son at baseball camp. I re-read all my blog posts start to finish...but you know what I realized he was right!!! Almost! I do believe that in time my internal motivation will be strong again and "I will be dropping weight like it's my job" but for now I feel like I need to be held accountable. Everyone needs that one person who can give advice or just be a person who can check in on you...I mean it works for alcoholics doesn't it? They say after a month it becomes routine.  It has only been five days. I am pretty pleased with the results so far. I will post my loss on Wednesday morning but there is a loss. YAY!

Currently I am following the weight watchers guidelines for their online program. I am logging in weight watchers online every single thing I eat...even literally counted out 55 gold fish. I did notice since I am a visual data person that I desperately need to eat breakfast. I never did that before and would snack all the time. This week not so much. Another piece of advice is when following the program you never realize how much of your points go to sugary drinks. I have been asking myself if in fact I really need that glass of ice tea.

This morning I met a friend for breakfast, we met a burger king!!!! I knew it was going to be rough but I pulled it off got a breakfast sandwich with ham NO cheese and those powered eggs I love so much...not! no hashbrowns and no soda...I drank water and apple juice. I walked out proud that maybe the temptations are not that strong plus I weighed myself in the morning and why would I want to gain all the weight back because of one stupid choice. plus I'm hoping to pull down double digits by Wednesday morning at the one week mark.

Weight watchers is all about planning. Plan on a snack, plan on a party that you can't eat at because all your points are used up and plan on losing weight.  The best part about this program is they want you to eat but eat healthy. Yesterday I made black bean brownies. YUCK some might say but they are better then half the cupcakes I ever made. Here is the recipe....

Box of your favorite brownie mix ( low fat if available)
Can of black beans

Open and pour your blackbeans in a strainer and wash them off then place them back in the can and fill the can with water. Then place the beans and water in a blender I used my ninja and puree . Once pureed add box mix and blend put in mini muffin cups and bake according to package directions.

These truly are the best brownies, high in fiber and delish!

Happy baking and I'm willing to help motivate you just let me know...

Just remember motivation comes from within but it takes a special person/friend to help you find it and bring it out of you.

Until next time...

No comments: