Sunday, February 19, 2012

The gym...where fat is burned and PRIDE is earned!

       Today is 7 straight days at the gym…very dedicated this week! So today started today with no ipod because it is getting updated by "Potter" not very motivating not listening to music but I still killed it at the gym. The funny thing is that when I started going to the gym I specifically listened to Eminem and today I have a sick and total opposite obsession with country music...and to be even more specific Toby Keith very different from Eminem but none the less motivating and change is good! RIGHT? I think I'm just re-living high school because I also have been listening to All American Rejects who knows next I'll be bringing grunge back...if you see me in a tie dye or flannel... punch me in the face I give you permission!
       Anyway so dedicated like I am ;) I show up at the gym at 9:00am, okay it was 9:08 but really what’s 8 minutes? I'll tell you...8 minutes of not crushing it! I jump on my favorite calorie burning machine with the rest of the heathens that are not at church today. Start off slow burn about 100 calories then start over because sometimes I have to warm my legs up for the max level and I don't like that first 15 minutes to count toward my hour...it’s crazy but I am crazy I mean who puts on makeup before the gym??? This girl does! You never know who you’re going to run into in the parking lot...looking like a total scum bag just isn't for me! So here I am with "Slots" at the gym she’s working out on the same machine about 6 down from me and I was ALONE on the other machines. That right people ALONE...no music and for the life of me I have no idea why I don't think to buy new underwear because they are all too big but I had them tucked under my elastic band of the my pants! It was going to be okay. ;)
      THEN a lady came to work out on the machine next to me...ugg I was going to have to start a competition with her. Of course I wouldn’t tell her she was now a competitor but if you can't try to outdo people you don't know then who can you? It's the gym for fucking sakes! She starts talking to a man that I have seen in there before so I look to see if she has any music devices and she didn't SCORE! I ask her how reliable are the calories on the machine...I was at about 756 at the time not even an hour in to the workout! We start talking, then I’m bragging about my weight loss and what I do every day...show her the pictures on the blog you know she learned my whole life story in the 20 minutes she was there. PLUS she told me that I do not look 32.... Woot Woot! This is always a plus in my book. She was a very nice lady it lifted my spirits and if she is reading this I did come home and eat lean protein (grilled chicken and carrots)!

       I finished the hour at 1208 calories burned (+ the 89 as the warm up) snapped a picture and sent it to Gibbs, Magnum, and Potter. Of course nobody responds except for faithful Gibbs...and this is why he is the president of the team. Magnum has the flu and Potter was probably hung over at the time. I stayed on the machine till 80 minutes and the fucking thing shut off...I was then at 1709 calories burned...I wanted to do 2000! Perhaps I may have a little problem developing but at least I’m not smoking crack or some other shit! I was beyond pissed...nobody was going to believe that I did that many...I had to start over but honestly after the first 15 minutes your legs just go, your pain leaves and i do it cause everybody needs a break from reality...this is what the gym does for me. (Who am I, to not trust the almighty Kenny Chesney)!

       Starting over...Ugg so disappointing! Back on for another hour I tell Gibbs my plan... he says "u can do it" motivation was set...really I was going to do it anyway because I already had it in my mind but a little encouragement and that fact that I make a lot of excuses...I was soooo fucking doing this!!! Personal Pride... Hopefully my phone would stay charged long enough for the picture...it did! 60 minutes go buy and another 1100 on the fucking dot! Snap that picture send it off to Gibbs who responds with I am the master....haha no he said good job but I can read between the lines! He could of fucking said anything it didn't matter ( I hate when people say that, it always matters) I was so fucking pumped that I crushed about 3000 calories in less than 3 hours! I then go about telling every person I know how awesome I am...I got back alot of your crazy! Personal Pride bitches!

       Now the funny part...after talking so much smack about how awesome I was I could hardly get down the stairs at the gym...then when I get in the car I felt like I was going to vomit I had to sit out there for a good 20 minutes thinking to myself perhaps 7 days and about 10,000 calories burnt in one fucking week may be a little more than my body could handle...I came home, legs and ass twitching and thought I better eat lean protein. Like I said before I had grilled chicken and some carrots...Yum! I probably love carrots more then I love that dumb ass red solo cup song...maybe more!
      This post just proves the power of motivation and you can do anything you set your mind to as long as you believe in yourself...I am slowly learning that...

As promised here are the recipes and the menu for this week... enjoy!
Most recipes are from Skinny Taste
Weekly Menu
Sunday:

Roasted Herb Crusted Chicken, stuffing and roasted parmesan green beans







Monday:

Healthy Black Bean Chili with corn bread





Tuesday:

Breakfast for Dinner (free night) due to my busy schedule on Tuesdays…I do not get home till 11pm

Wednesday:

Tilapia with roasted carrots and seasoned rice pilaf






Thursday:

Tomato and basil flavored Sirloin steak with salad 

Friday:

Homemade flatbread pizza

Saturday:

Loaded potato soup with a grilled cheese Panini

No comments: