Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Beefcake Room….

         So today was most likely one of the worst work days EVER…every child in the class was crying or bitching about something…I wanted to try something new tonight. I went to the gym with my friend Ash...we did the killer leg machine for about an hour only burning 953 calories. We talked a lot!  Then moved on to the treadmills which I started out loving and now hate!  THEN something very exciting happened I told Ash I wanted to go work out in the back otherwise known to me as the beefcake room.  Oh I was ready…haha! We started walking back there and since pretty much everyone knows that I walk with my head down and eyes on the floor to the back even when I go to the bathroom. I don’t know why I do this just nervious I guess.  I do the same thing at sign language class the less eye contact the better.  ;) I am working on it though.
   
      The one worker called “the old man” says ohhh she’s going into the back. I told him to take a record and document this for Potter and Gibbs mainly because they would never believe me. I told him I was going to work out.  He laughed at me because just last night I was saying how I would never do it.  We continued back looked at all the equipment and TRIED to understand how and what to do.  I got on a machine and could not figure out how to do it, so I asked another guy there what to do.  He said that you have to pick up the bar.  I showed him that I was then he showed me the proper way because apparently I could not understand how to read the directions that were on the side of the machine.  We did a couple reps on a couple machines but then we tried one machine and couldn’t get it to work WHY? Because some guy I’m sure did not take the fucking weights off the damn machine.  There was like 290 pounds on the back clearly I could not lift that.  We moved on and worked out arms and abs testing out a couple more machines as we spent our half hour back there. 

       When we were leaving legs felt fine but I could hardly hold my keys.  Perhaps putting on 50 pounds on the arm curls was not the most brilliant idea I ever had.  I have a lot of these “brilliant” ideas that turn out in pain later on.  Driving home was not fun and still right now my arms are hurting so I’m sure I will be in excellent shape tomorrow.  No pain no gain right?

No comments: