Friday, March 9, 2012

Better kick that spin class’s ass!

          Today started off horrific basically an emotional mess of a human worried about stuff beyond my control well not exactly beyond my control at all really.  It just really pisses me off that I am not losing weight and yes it upset me and I may have shed a tear or 500, it gets so frustrating people…I know…don’t give up even though you want to with all your might and just throw in the towel.  You will regret it and you have to stay strong for nobody else but the number one reason----YOU!

  Plus I agreed to join spin class with a new gym buddy and co-worker we will call her “Philly”.  I’m going to tell you right now I was shaking like a leaf felt like I was going to vomit all morning, pacing back and forth mainly because I didn’t want to get raped by the spin cycle’s seat, fall off or be in pain or worse yet look like a fool. 

          Let me bring you back to October last year 40+ pounds heavier and had never been in a gym let alone worked out before.  Here was me walking up the stairs in my fully coordinated I would never wear now sweat suit looking like a total idiot I’m sure. I was with two other people one being slots and the other a friend.  Who knew so much pain could happen in one area of your body—your ass! 
Here I was ready to rock this machine pumped up all day at work…I remember it like it was yesterday.  Talking so much smack about how I was going to dominate the spin cycle…change my life…blah blah blah! Minute one through five was great I felt like I could conquer the spin cycle.  THEN minute six pain set in---unbearable pain and I have given birth people…I know pain!  I look at Slots she is in pain too we were dying so out of shape and we still had 54 minutes left.  I honestly did not think I could make it.  We took our sweat shirts and put them under our ass but that didn’t help.  Then when one of us lost a towel from moving around so much trying to find a spot where we were not bruised the other person gladly got off there bike and assisted.  That was 30 seconds of pure heaven when that fucking seat was not pushing up against your ass. 
We did finish the class and painfully walked out of the gym…with hopes of never returning to that damn spin cycle.  I sat in the car and texted every team member and said I was alive and that I made it barely.  The next couple days at work were painful sitting and I was 100% sure that I would never try this again. 
Back to this morning…I continue to get ready and leave the house still shaking mind you…I really didn’t want to do this but I know I had to get my revenge on that spin cycle and everyone is allowed a second chance I guess the spin cycle was owed one too.  I thought to myself if I can’t do it this time I’m soo done you will be dead to me like a bag of Doritos.
THEN my phone went da-ding…I looked but thought it was Philly cancelling on me because it was at 7:45 in the morning and of course I’m more than half way there…this would so happen to me.  Before I looked I thought ok I will just do the killer leg machine for an hour then give her the death stare at work when I saw her because she ditched me.  I look and to my surprise it was not her cancelling it wasn’t even from her at all.  
 It was Gibbs telling me to kick that spin cycles ass.  I told him the night before that I was going to go and he REMEMBERED.  My fears and anxiety about going to the spin class completely vanished and I knew that if he could remember I was going to spin class that I would not be able to not give it my all.  I felt so sure of myself knowing that someone was behind me and supporting me.  You know when you read something and smile…that was me!  Everything that bothered me this morning didn’t seem to matter anymore and I knew that I had support and needed to report back how I did.  I was going to dominate this spin cycle... today was the day! 
I met Philly in the gym she was already working out on the treadmill.  We walked back to claim our cycles and I told her that I may complain a little.  I had to ask the instructor how to set the machine up since after last time I never looked because I had no intentions of coming back.  Then class started.  I took it easy in the beginning, when she said stand for one minute I sat and just peddled on the machine.  About 10-15 minutes in I stood, still unsure about it I sat down quickly but hey I stood right?  This wouldn’t be acceptable I couldn’t text Gibbs that I only stood for 30 seconds maybe I should lie?  Say I did more than I really did… except I know he would ask Philly if it was something really crazy unbelievable and I would be caught in an ugly web of lies.  So I figured I better just do it right the first time and impress.  So I decided to stand again and it wasn’t that bad…I pretty much followed the class for the exception that I was going slower but I did give it my all and nobody can take that away from me. 
When I left the room I wanted to run out to the car and text as quickly as I could…I was sooo proud that I made it through the class and that I gave my best.  I liked it too.   I think one thing that was different was that I lost a lot of weight around my midsection and it was easier to move my legs plus I have been crushing it on the killer leg machine.  I sent out my over excited text and had to wait a grueling hour before I get the good job…but it was worth it!
This why motivation and support from friends is so important. You should always find that person/s that will take time out of their day to think about you for one split second because that one second changed my whole day.  Having a few true friends is better than having a large network of pretentious friends…quality beats quantity all of the time…choose people who support you and bring out the best in you. Thank you!

No comments: